Table of Content
KB4517211 for Windows 10 18362.385 v1903 and 18363.385 v1909 comes out to the Insiders as a throttled delivery approach in the Release Preview ring. This update announced to 10% of Insiders in the Slow ring contains entire 1909 features. Microsoft continues working on the controlled features and therefore, it affects the number of new features comprised in the build. As a reminder, 1903 and 1909 share the same servicing content which reveals that they share the same Cumulative Update package.
In addition, this update will now be granted if you use Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) or containers. For those Insiders who are not yet 1909, the team has provided them the ability to see the version. This can be done by navigating to the following path – Settings => Update & Security => Windows Update.
KB4517211 for Windows 10 18362.385 1903 and 18363.385 1909
- As per the tech giant, Windows packages now need a matched host and container version. This impedes customers and limits Windows containers from supporting mixed-version container pod scenarios. The update includes 5 fixes to address. Furthermore, it permits the host to run down-level containers on up-level for process (Argon) isolation.
- With this build 18362.385 1903 and 18363.385 1909, the company releases a fix which allows OEMs to reduce the inking latency based on the hardware potentials of their devices instead of being associated with latency selected on typical hardware configuration by the OS.
- In this context, “Key-rolling or Key-rotation” feature facilitates reliable rolling of Recovery passwords on MDM managed AAD devices. It is upon on request from intune/MDM application. Furthermore, it is also upon every time a recovery password which uses as to launch the BitLocker protected drive. This feature will support to prevent the incidental recovery password disclosure as part of manual BitLocker drive unlock by users.
- The update brings a change which allows the third-party digital assistants. This is to voice activate above the Lock screen.
- You are now able to hastily create an event straight from the Calendar flyout on the Taskbar. Simply click on the date and time, available at the bottom right corner of the Taskbar. This will open the Calendar flyout. Now, select your preferred date and start typing in the text box. Consequently, you’ll now see inline options to set a time and location.
- When you place the mouse pointer over the Start button, the navigation pane gets extended. It informs you where the clicking goes.
- While adjusting the notifications on apps, now you can see the friendly images. It explains the meaning of the banner and Action Centre. The team added this feature to make these settings more approachable and readable.
- With this update, by default, the notifications will be arranged and shown by the most recent senders, rather than sender name. To access this, follow the path – Settings > System > Notifications. They have also added a setting to turn off playing a sound when notifications arrive.
- The company now exhibits the options to configure and turn off notifications from an app/website right on the notification, as a banner and in Action Center.
- With KB4517211, a ‘Manage notifications’ button has been attached to the top of the Action Center. The basic function of this button to launch the main “Notifications & actions” Settings page.
- Microsoft specialist added additional debugging capabilities for new Intel processors. Additionally, it is only relevant for hardware manufacturers.
- With the help of some specific processors, the technician team has made general battery life and power efficiency improvements for PCs.
- Developers team has implemented a rotation policy that dispenses work more fairly among the favored cores. This will provide better performance and reliability.
- With this update, the tech giant has turned on the Windows Defender Credential Guard for ARM64 devices. Besides, it defends against credential theft for enterprise deployment ARM64 devices in their organizations.
- KB4517211 confers you the ability for enterprise to supplement the Windows 10 in S Mode policy. Furthermore, it permits traditional Win32 (desktop) apps from Microsoft Intune.
- According to the team, they have updated the search box in File Explorer to now be powered by Windows Search. This alteration will help to interact with the OneDrive content online with the traditional indexed results.
- Moreover, the tech giant added the ability for Narrator and other assistive technologies to read and learn where the FN key is located on keyboards and what state it is in (locked versus unlocked).
Source – Windows experience blog.